PIAZZA DEL PLEBISCITO
Located in the heart of the city, Piazza del Plebiscito stands out for its semi-circular shape, the result of works carried out during the French decade by the architect Leopoldo Laperuta, aimed at creating a majestic parade ground for military parades. Important buildings look out onto the impressive square, including the Royal Palace (Palazzo Reale), the Basilica of San Francesco di Paola, the Palace of the Prefecture (Palazzo della Prefettura) and Palazzo Salerno. It is 350 m from the Santa Brigida Guest House.
It is the gate of access from the sea to the city of Naples. An impressive architectural work, created with the goal of receiving passengers departing from and arriving at the port: the Maritime Station of Naples, a monumental building inaugurated in 1936 and situated on the Molo Angioino pier. It is located in the city centre, a short distance from the main monuments and tourist itineraries: Piazza del Plebiscito, Galleria Umberto, Spaccanapoli, Maschio Angioino. The Port of Naples is a departure point for ferries heading to Sardinia, Sicily, the Aeolian Islands, the Pontine Islands and the Campania archipelago, and it is 1.5 km from the Santa Brigida Guest House.